Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Negative Tests

The Negative
Tests












I gotta' have more Faith!"
No wonder they were negative! Lol...I took two pregnancy tests recently...and they were negative...I told my husband I would just take the other pregnancy test we have later. My Husband and I were sort of perplexed. My period was overdue and still -no positive result. We figured it was just probably too soon to tell. So I waited and waited. Today I found out I am most certainly not pregnant! I got my period, shed a few tears, got some encouraging words from friends. But best of all -I got some comfort from my Jesus as well.
In all honesty -God is the one that has helped me the most through my TTC journey. If I didn't know Him I would be more lost then an albino in a snowstorm! I'm not putting down albinos I think you all are awesome! :) That is just funny -you'd probably admit it yourself. Anyway...it's the truth. Jesus is my constant guide. Unfortunately, I don't always listen to what He is telling me. Sometimes I choose to go my own way and write my own path. But -that's when God reminds me..."Tina, I'm bigger than that".

I'm learning. I'm stubborn. And God has sent me sweet people across my path to remind me of that. It's humbling to feel "so sure" that you may be expecting -just to find out in the end your so wrong. :/ This TTC journey so far...has been quite a roller-coaster ride of emotions for everyone! Our families were hoping and praying...and still are! Some deeply desire for my Husband Jon and I to conceive. Along with the LORD, it feels so good to have great friends and family around us in this season of life.

The LORD has been speaking to me a lot today about timing. HIS--timing. He has been reminding me, that HIS timing is perfect. He desires for me to grow in my faith and trust in Him. That is why God is allowing me to go through these struggles...so I will have that opportunity to lean on Him more, to trust him more, and to seek him more.

James 5:16:

16 "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective"

"The Prayer of a Righteous man is powerful and effective." That line stood out the most to me in this verse. What does this verse mean to you? To me, it reminds me that as long as I am putting God first above all else, prayerfully following after God's heart, and striving diligently to please Him with my whole self...my prayers will not be hindered, they will be answered. The words I pray will be powerful and will availith much. I find comfort in that.

The Bible is very important. If you feel down I would encourage you to pick it up, dust it off and open it. It's pages are filled with life for your thirsty soul. If we aren't tapping into God's river of life. Just like a tree...that's not planted by the water will die. We need water to live. It's the same thing with God's Word, without it we will eventually rot and perish from Spiritual dryness.

Pslam 1:3:

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

"Which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither" This line stood out to me the most. What does this verse mean to you? To me, it's a beautiful line that reminds me that there is a time and a season for everything under the sun (Ecclesiastes 3:1). It also encourages me to not focus on the temporal things, but to instead, focus on the eternal things. Because, it is the eternal things that last forever. By this, I mean...reading God's Holy Word, tapping into it's life source -by doing this His words will become literally active within us. I will thrive off every morsel of His Word. It's my drink when I am thirsty, it's my food when I am hungry, it's my hope when I've got none, it's my guide when I am lost...

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." (Psalm 119:105).

Without God's Word to guide me...everything including this TTC journey would be SO much harder! His Words are true. He is a just God, a loving God. I stand on His promises. His thoughts are higher than mine, his Words are deeper than mine, His love's much stronger than mine. It takes sacrifice to throw your hands up and go, "Here's my life LORD take it, it's yours. Take my plans, do what you want with me." But, once you feel like your walking on air...and falling! -Your where you need to be! Because, that's what it's like to believe.

In God's Army,





Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Clean comments please. The comments that aren't will be deleted immediately. Thank you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home